Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
At Hearts Day Nursery equal opportunity and inclusion is at the heart of all that we do. We are actively committed to valuing and celebrating the diversity and inclusion of culture, race, ethnicity, religion, ability, gender, and family composition within our nursery and the wider community for children and employees.
We put equality and inclusion at the heart of what we do and we aim to foster a positive attitude and approach to equality and justice throughout everyday learning activities and experiences through:
- Cultural and religious celebrations
- Supporting children for whom English is an additional language
- Challenging Bias and Discrimination
- Providing clear direction for staff and children from senior managers
- Developing and nurturing strong relationships with parents, families, and outside agencies
- Making adjustments to environments where is reasonably practicable to do so
- A nominated Special Education Needs Coordinator, who will attend appropriate training and be available to offer support and advice at the nursery.